It is so important to have the proper image sizes on all your social media platforms. Nothing can hurt your image more on social media than a blurry image or an image that just looks out of place. There are so many great social media hacks that you will need to know about social media image sizes. You want to make sure that you take full advantage of Twitter’s free marketing tools & Facebook’s free marketing tools to help grow your reach and your brand.
More and more people are getting active on social media and relying on social media to help them make buying decisions. You need to be active on social media whether it is for a business or a brand or even a personal profile, there is a growing need to stay active on social media sites. Images on social media have a strong bearing on the way your social media profile is perceived or remembered.
But, there are so many different platforms and all of them have different image size requirements, so, we break down all the size requirements on the top social media platforms out there.
Social Media Image Sizes for 2019 via Falcon.io
Recommended Facebook Image Sizes for 2020
- Facebook Profile Picture Size: 180 x 180 pixels
Similar to Twitter, the Facebook profile picture expresses your personal brand and your business brand. Your Facebook Business Page Image doesn’t need to be changed all the time, but having a clean clear logo is the way to go.
- Facebook Cover Photo Size: 851 x 315 pixels (preferred maximum file size of 100KB)
Similar to your Twitter Header, you can change this from time to time to help promote upcoming events, launches, or anything that you want to promote. Use this as a free marketing promotional tool on Facebook.
Other Facebook Image Sizes you need to know for 2020
- Facebook Shared Image Size: 1200 x 630 pixels
- Facebook Image Post Size: 1200 x 900 pixels
- Facebook Event Image Size: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Facebook Video Size: 1280 x 720
- Maximum Facebook Video Length: 240 minutes
- Facebook Ad Size: 1280 x 628 pixels
- Facebook Story Ad Size: 1080 x 1920 pixels
Recommended Instagram Image Sizes for 2020
Instagram is one of the fastest-growing social media platforms out there right now. If you have a business or a brand, you need to be on Instagram. Here are the Instagram image sizes you need to know for 2020.
Instagram Profile Picture Size: 180 x 180 pixels
The image you select here is really up to you and what type of brand you want to portray on the platform. Keep in mind, the demographic you are going for on Instagram.
- Instagram Photo Size: 1080 x 1080 pixels (square), 1080 x 566 pixels (landscape), 1080 x 1350 pixels (portrait)
- Instagram Stories Size: 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Minimum Instagram Video Sizes: 600 x 600 (Square), 600 x 315 (Landscape), 600 x 750 (portrait)
- Maximum Instagram Video Length: 60 seconds
- Minimum Instagram Image Ad Size: 500 pixels wide
Recommended Twitter Image Sizes for 2020
Tweets with images will get retweeted 150% more than a tweet without. So it’s good to know the proper image sizes for Twitter.
Twitter Profile Image Size: 150 x 150 pixels
A lot of business professionals will tell you that you never get a second chance to make a first impression and your Twitter Profile Image needs to express your business brand and or personal brand. This image will be on your feed and all your followers will incorporate this image with your brand, so it needs to be a high-quality picture.
Twitter Header Image Size: 1500 x 500 pixels
The header on your Twitter profile is one area where you get a chance to take advantage of free space. Use this space to your advantage and don’t just let it go to waste. Just make sure that it falls in line with your brand and your message.
Other Twitter Image Sizes for 2020
- Twitter Post Image Size: 1024 x 512 pixels
- Twitter Card Image Size: 1200 x 628 pixels
- Twitter Video Size: 720 x 720 (square), 1280 x 720 (landscape), 720 x 1280 (portrait)
- Maximum Twitter Video Length: 140 seconds
- Twitter Ad Size Image: 1200 x 675 pixels
- Twitter Ad Size Video: 720 x 720 (square), 1280 x 720 (landscape), 720 x 1280 (portrait)
Recommended LinkedIn Image Sizes for 2020
If you own your own company or you are trying to build your personal brand, chances are you are on LinkedIn. LinkedIn has done a lot of updates recently, so here are some LinkedIn image sizes you need to know for 2020.
We are going to breakdown LinkedIn Images sizes for Company Pages and Personal Pages.
LinkedIn Company Pages Image Sizes for 2020
- LinkedIn Company Logo Size: 300 x 300 pixels
- LinkedIn Cover Photo Size: 1536 x 768 pixels
- LinkedIn Dynamic Ad Size (company logo): 100 x 100 pixels
- LinkedIn Sponsored Content Image Size: 1200 x 628 pixels
LinkedIn Personal Page Image Sizes for 2020
- LinkedIn Profile Picture Size: 400 x 400 pixels
- LinkedIn Background Photo Size: 1584 x 396 pixels
- LinkedIn Post Image Size: 1200 x 1200 (desktop), 1200 x 628 (mobile)
- LinkedIn Link Post Size: 1200 x 628 pixels
- LinkedIn Video Size: 256 x 144 (minimum) to 4069 x 2304 (maximum)
- Maximum LinkedIn Video Length: 10 minutes
Recommended Pinterest Image Sizes for 2020
Pinterest is a huge website traffic driver. Knowing what images sizes will work on Pinterest is vital to driving traffic to your site or blog. Pinterest is also a platform to know if you are selling your products. Don’t look like you don’t know what you’re doing on Pinterest and make sure that all your Pinterest pins look its best to your audience and potential customers.
- Pinterest Profile Picture: 165 x 165 pixels
- Pinterest Board Display Image: 222 x 150 pixels
- Vertical Pin Image Size: 600 x 900 pixels (2:3 ratio)
- Square Pin Image Size: 600 x 600 pixels (1:1)
- Tall Pin Image Size: 600 x 1260 pixels (1:2.1)
- Board Display Small: 69 x 69 (1:1)
- Promoted Pis Size: 600 x 900 (2:3 to 1:2.5)
- Video Ads: YouTube or Vimeo
For this professional social networking platform, you should make sure that all your images are embedded with text to add more contexts.
Make sure to take advantage of this infographic and make sure that all your images are the proper size for each social media platform. Don’t let your brand suffer because you are sharing blurry images.
We love and use Canva to help get our image sizes correct and to design images that help promote our client’s upcoming launches and events.
*If you are on Pinterest then you need to use Tailwind.